What Are Pregnancy Cramps?
Cramping in early pregnancy is known as implantation cramping. Cramps during pregnancy can occur in the first, second and third trimester.
In many cases, mild stomach cramps or lower abdominal pains are normal and are part of the earliest pregnancy symptoms before a missed period.
Here are the reasons why you feel pains after conception has taken place:
- When the embryo attaches itself to the lining of the uterus(womb) it causes mild cramps or abdominal pain. Implantation may be accompanied with light bleeding or spotting. It happens around the 3-7 days before your period is expected to start.
- Physical changes to your uterus (womb) as it changes shape and size. Also movements of the fertilised egg in your fallopian tube may cause cramping.
- Round ligaments that also support the growing baby can cause pain as early as week 12 in your first trimester. It is because it stretches as the baby gets bigger. The pain gets worse as you approach the third trimester.
When does Pregnancy Cramps Start?
After conception, the fertilised egg starts to divided into cells and moves slowly from the fallopian tube into the uterus(womb). Cramping starts around 6-12 days after conception has taken place or when the fertilised egg travels through the fallopian tube.
The cramps is similar to menstrual cramps, as such many women confuse them with their periods starts.
Where do Pregnancy Cramps Occur
It usually occurs in the uterus(womb). Cramps can occur in one side or both sides of your lower abdomen.
Some women also have lower back pain
What Do Early Pregnancy Twinges Feel Like
Stomach cramps in pregnancy usually feels similar to your normal menstrual cramps.
Cramping in early pregnancy is a pulling or pricking pain felt in your lower abdomen that is usually milder than your period pain.
Here are some examples of what it feels like.
"I had mild cramping and my doctor said it was normal. It felt like menstrual cramp. A little lighter or milder and lower" ---Catherine
"I got sharp twinges in my lower abdomen for 2 months. It felt like menstrual-like cramps".------Anonymous
Do Pregnancy Cramps Feel like Period Cramps
Pregnancy cramps in first trimester is very similar to the pains you feel during your periods. That is why most women complain the have PMS symptoms but no period.
Also PMS and Pregnancy Symptom are very similar. In both PMS and pregnancy you experience:
- Lower abdominal pains
- Breast Tenderness and Soreness
- Mood Swings
- Food Aversion and Cravings
The difference between Period symptoms and early signs of pregnancy are:
- Implantation bleeding (only applicable to pregnancy)
- Symptoms of PMS goes away immediately your period starts
Is It Normal to have Period Like cramps in early Pregnancy
cramps during early pregnancy is just like your period. when the embryo implants itself to the inside lining of the uterus a little blood is shed. If the shed blood finds it way to the vagina, it is seen as scanty light blood,
Is cramping in Early Pregnancy Symptom before Missed Period?
Yes cramping and spotting are earliest signs of pregnancy. After the egg released at ovulation has been fertilised by the sperm. It journey's through the fallopian tube and reaches the uterus(womb)in six to twelve days.
The embryo attaches itself in the lining of the uterus. This is where the baby stays for the next 9 months.
How Long Do Implantation Cramping Last For?
Implantation cramping usually last for 1-2 hours while implantation bleeding can last for a few hours from 2 hours to 48 hours. The discharge is light pink in color or bright red.
What is the difference between Period cramps and Pregnancy Cramps
If pregnant, you experience a light or mild cramps compared to the ones you have during your period.
If period a missed is likely to be pregnancy.
- What Are Pregnancy Cramps?
- When does Pregnancy Cramps Start?
- Where do Pregnancy Cramps Occur
- What Do Early Pregnancy Twinges Feel Like
- Do Pregnancy Cramps Feel like Period Cramps
- Is It Normal to have Period Like cramps in early Pregnancy
- Is cramping in Early Pregnancy Symptom before Missed Period?
- How Long Do Implantation Cramping Last For?
- What is the difference between Period cramps and Pregnancy Cramps