Looking for the best ovulation test kits and fertility monitors? You're in the right place.
Ovulation Kits are a MUST for anyone trying to conceive. They simply let you know your most fertile days (High and Peak days) to have sex.
Getting pregnant is not always as easy as it sounds or even looks.
The chances of a woman falling pregnant in a month is 15%-20%.
According to medical researches:
- 20 out of 100 couples get pregnant in a month
- 70 get pregnant within 6 months
- 85 get pregnant within a year
- 90 get pregnant within 18 months
- 95 get pregnant in 2 years.
Most women only have a 3-5 day fertile window in a month to get pregnant. Chances of having sex on these exact days are very slim.
Instead of having sex and hoping you fall pregnant. This kit will do the work for you.
To help you make the right decisions we have taken the time to research on the Top ovulation predictor kits just for you.
what is an ovulation predictor kit?
Opk helps you to predict your most fertile day of the month by detecting luteinizing hormone surge in your urine.
An LH surge indicates that you are going to ovulate (release a egg) within the next 24-48 hrs.
why you need to have one?
You need to have one to know the best time to have intercourse.
Charting your basal body temperature or cervical mucus can be somewhat stressful and dreadful monthly.
Even if you do all that you should still get an ovulation predictor kit as well.
What to look out for when buying the best ovulation kit?
- Ease of use and result interpretation
- Quantity of test strips
1. Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation predictor Test
Style: As pictured
- So Easy to Read and Use
- You get a smiley face if you're ovulating
- 99% accurate
- No 1 Selling Brand
Clearblue is the # 1 OB-GYN Recommended Brand.
What makes it our favourite:
- is the ability to detect 4 fertile days that is 2 more than any other ovulation kit in the market.
- The ONLY ovulation predictor test that accurately tracks 2 urinary hormone. No other test does this.
- High Level of accuracy - 99% accurate at detecting LH Surge
- NO GUESSWORK- It is Super Easy to READ and USE
"I haven't ever written a review but felt compelled to. We have been trying for our second baby for 16 months...our first baby took 3 weeks of trying but this one was much harder and disappointing each month. I used this ovulation kit last month for the FIRST time and low and behold, baby number 2 is on its way!"
2. [email protected] 50 Ovulation Strips and 20 Pregnancy Test Strips Combo Kit, (50 LH + 20 HCG)
If you are looking for an affordable ovulation kit with an added benefit of 20 pregnancy test strips. Then look no further.
With over 2800 reviews [email protected] does the job in predicting your ovulation day. So you can know the right time to have sex.
To use, dip the test in urine for 3 seconds. Wait for no more than 5 minutes. Test will confirm if ovulation has been detected or not.
3. WONDFO 50 Ovulation Prediction Strips & 20 Pregnancy Test Strips
Style: As pictured
- 50 ovulation Strips +20 Pregnancy Test Strips
- Easy to Use
- Value For Money
These tests strips will give you a bang for your buck!. They definitely are excellent value for money.
It comes with extra pregnancy strips just like the [email protected] Kit.
Wondfo says it is 99% accurate in pinpointing ovulation.
What We Like
- It is Cheap and Affordable
- Great if you can't afford the digital expensive ones
What We Don't Like
- Not as easy to read as the digital ones. You get faint lines so you may have to guess. The results are up for interpretation.
- Many get frustrated trying to interpret the lines in the test results
- Not as accurate/sensitive as clearblue advanced digital test kits based on reviews.
4. Clinical guard ovulation strips
Style: As pictured
Brand: Clinical Guard
- 40 ovulation strips + 10 Pregnancy Tests
- Super affordable at $11
Clinical guard is an affordable and fast acting ovulation kit.
This test detects your most fertile time of the month to get pregnant.
It contains 40 ovulation strips and 10 pregnancy tests. It has a sensitivity of 25miU.
Simply dip the strip in urine for a 3 seconds.
Make sure you do not allow the urine level to pass the marker set aside for 5 minutes. If 2 lines appears that means you are ovulating.
5. first response DAILY DIGITAL
Style: As pictured
Brand: First Response
- 20 Tests (1 month supply)
- Easy to Test and Read
This kit is our least favourite.
This test kit promises to a 99% accuracy in detecting the LH surge. But a lot of women have complained that it doesn't work.
- Only 20 test strips that means you would need to buy more if you fail to get pregnant in 2 cycle.
- A bit pricey
- Not as accurate as Clearblue Advanced digital ovulation kits based on reviews.
- May give false result
What is the best time of the day to test for ovulation?
The best time to test is between noon and 8pm.
Test twice once in the afternoon and once in the evening so you don't miss the LH surge.
How To Use ovulation Predictor test kit
Every brand of ovulation kit has a detailed leaflet instruction on how to use the brand specific test. But in general you will need to do the following:
1. Collect a sample of your urine in a cup or you can hold the test strips while you pee on it
2. Dip the end of the strip into the urine for 10 seconds.
3. After a 5-7 minutes; the coloured bands will appear. Do not read the test result if it is after 10 minutes. The test result should be read within 10 minutes of completing the test.
4. Check the colour bands that appear. One of the colour bands represent the control while the second color band represent the test. When the control band appears, you will know you have performed the test correctly. If the control band doesn't appear that means your test is invalid.
How To Read An Ovulation Predictor Test Results
You interpret or read the result by comparing the colour intensity of the control band to the test band.
If the intensity of the test band is equal to or greater than i.e darker than the control band, then the result is positive which means that LH Surge is happening and you are about to ovulate.
If the color intensity of the test band is less or lighter than the control band, this means the test result is negative and LH Surge is not happening. You should keep testing for LH surge twice daily.
Invalid Test Result
If there is no appearance of a control band within 10 minutes of completing the test. This means the test is not valid. The test has not been done properly and the test is invalid. You should ignore an invalid test.
HOW TO USE A digital OPK
Digital OPK's are easier to use than the manual test strips. Digital Kits take the guesswork out of interpreting test results. They make it very easy to read results showing either a positive sign or a negative sign (first response Kit) OR a smiley or nor smiley face(Clear blue digital test).
The test result also shows in less time than the ordinary test strips, within 3 minutes or less.
HOW DOES it work?
They work by simply detecting the hormone responsible for ovulation. A rise in the luteinizing hormone can be detected in the urine or saliva.
Most OPK's make use of urine based testing.
what is the best ovulation detection kit for irregular period and kit for pcos?
Tracking ovulation if you have an irregular period can be a bit challenging if you don't have the right tools.
Fertility monitors are excellent for tracking and recording ovulation month to month to find patterns.
WHERE CAN I BUY these detection kits(Amazon online or Walgreens)?
You can get these kits from Amazon online, Walmarts, Walgreen, Cvs.
The Clearblue Advanced Digital is my most preferred ovulation predictor kit according to our research and consumer report 2016/2017. It gives a smiley face results and tracks 2 hormones to be super accurate .
I don't like guess works or frustrations in trying to interpret if there is a faint line or not. For getting pregnant I'll go for quality.
- what is an ovulation predictor kit?
- why you need to have one?
- What to look out for when buying the best ovulation kit?
- 1. Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation predictor Test
- 2. [email protected] 50 Ovulation Strips and 20 Pregnancy Test Strips Combo Kit, (50 LH + 20 HCG)
- 3. WONDFO 50 Ovulation Prediction Strips & 20 Pregnancy Test Strips
- 4. Clinical guard ovulation strips
- 5. first response DAILY DIGITAL
- What is the best time of the day to test for ovulation?
- How To Use ovulation Predictor test kit
- How To Read An Ovulation Predictor Test Results
- HOW TO USE A digital OPK
- HOW DOES it work?
- what is the best ovulation detection kit for irregular period and kit for pcos?
- WHERE CAN I BUY these detection kits(Amazon online or Walgreens)?
- final thoughts